- Uniform policy for protection of forests favoured
- The forest officials of different States have favoured a uniform policy covering the entire country for protection of forest resources.
- The Telangana government had adopted “Live and let live” policy in maintaining cordial and friendly relations with the other States. The same policy was applicable to the conservation of forests.
- Initiatives like Telangana Ku Harita Haaram had turned out to be a role model for other States to emulate.
- India and Russia held talks and explored the possibilities for production of space systems in India
- India and Russia held talks and explored the possibilities forproduction of space systems in India. The discussion was held between Ajit Doval, National Security Adviser and the Director General of Russia’s space agency ROSCOSMOS and former Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin during his visit.
- The discussions focused on all aspects of India-Russia space cooperation. The discussion also included Cooperation in futuristic technologies, including new space systems, rocket engines, propellants and propulsion systems, spacecraft and launch vehicle technology were also discussed.
- Chandrayaan-2 launch called off after technical snag in rocket
- ISRO Scientists a few days to assess the seriousness of the problem.
The launch in the current window of opportunity is available only till Tuesday (July 16).
- The next launch date could be months later.
- A technical snag detected in the GSLV-MkIII rocket, less than an hour ahead of the scheduled launch aborted the planned flight of Chandrayaan-2, India’s first attempt at landing a spacecraft on the moon.
- They indicated that it could take up to a few days to assess the seriousness of the problem.
- Chandrayaan-1 and Mangalyaan, India’s first mission to Mars, launched in 2013, PSLV has a capacity to deliver payloads only up to 1500 kg in the sub-GTO orbits.
PSLV has 48 successful launches.
- Survey: 18.4% decline in school-going children between 2021 and 2041
- The Economic Survey calls for optimising education infrastructure as the number of school-going children is estimated to decline by 18.4 per cent between 2021 and 2041. On the other hand, the health infrastructure needs to be expanded focused on geriatric care with demand for hospital beds to go up in view of the growing healthy life expectancy for both men and women at 60 years of age.
- As of 2016, population in the 5-14 years age-group, which roughly corresponds to the number of elementary school-going children, has already begun declining across all major states except Jammu & Kashmir.
- Population projections suggest that this trend will continue through 2041 and the size of the 5-14 years population will drop sharply in Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka by 2041. It will also decline in the laggard states such as Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
- ‘Semen labs will be set up to conserve milch animals
- Eleven sex-sorted semen laboratories will be set up in the country over the next nine months with the twin objective of conserving breeds of milch animals and also assisting farmers in preventing the production of unwanted male calves
- Three of these laboratories will become operational from October, while the remaining will start functioning by the end of the 2019-20 financial year,
- Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu released a book titled Vivekadeepini
ð Vice President of India,Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu released a book titled Vivekadeepini, a concise book of aphorisms. It was initially written by Adi Shankaracharya who is one of India’s greatest spiritual and literary geniuses.
ð Vivekadeepini is a summary of Prashnottara Ratnamalika written by Adi Shankaracharya.
ð The book has compiled a select 36 verses drawn from 67 verses of Prashnottara Ratnamalika. The verses are written in Question-Answer format. It contains universal truths and are the starting point for reflection.
- Anshula Kant has been appointed as next MD and CFO of the World Bank Group
- The World Bank Groupannounced that Anshula Kant,an Indian national, has been appointed as its next MD and CFO on 12 July.Anshula Kant is the first woman CFO of the Bank. She will be responsible for financial and risk management. She will be working with Kristalina Georgieva, the Bank’s CEO, to mobilise financial resources.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes