Article 370 of the Indian constitution is an article that gives autonomous status to the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The article is drafted in Part XXI of the Constitution: Temporary, Transitional and Special Provisions. While the article was created to give temporary, transitional, special provisions, it has become a Permanent feature. In the years since Independence, this article was to be removed. But due to unwell administration and wars between India and Pakistan, this article has not been touched.
Implications of article 370 removal:
- It was seen as discriminatory on the basis of gender, class, caste and place of origin.
- It will help to create environment of private investment alike rest of India.
- More employment opportunities.
- Opening up of buying of lands would bring in investment from private individuals and multinational companies and give a boost to local economy.
- The reduction of state to UT is unprecedented. Without taking the people of the state in consent, the step might create some resistance.
- The mechanism adopted by the government to revoke article 370 symbolise ideological imposition.
- Whether revoking article 370 is good or bad, future will tell.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes