- Rajasthan government to study noise pollution by infrastructure projects
- Jaipur City’s eight ongoing infrastructure projects will go through an ‘environmental impact assessment’. The agencies will study the noise and sound pollution produced during the construction of these projects.
- These eight projects include the elevated road proposed between LIC Bhawan and Sodala, Dravyawati River Project, Bassi and other railway over-bridges (ROBs) and railways underpasses etc.
- The JDA, for the first time, is conducting such environmental test on its projects.
- The official added that a device would be installed to record sound and noise pollution along with global positioning system (GPS). Day-to-day readings will be mentioned in the report.
During the survey, experts will also study the socio-economic aspects after the completion of the projects. The Performa of the survey has already been prepared.
- India third largest terror target after Iraq and Afghanistan: US report.
- India has displaced Pakistan on a list of countries facing terror attacks in 2016, with higher fatalities and injuries than its restive neighbour, according to data compiled by the US state department.
- Out of 11,072 terror attacks in 2016 worldwide, India bore the brunt of 927, 16% more than 2015 (798).
- More than half of the terror attacks in India in 2016 took place in four states – J&K, Chhattisgarh, Manipur and Jharkhand. Iraq is on the top of the list.
- World’s oldest emoji discovered’ on pottery
- Archaeologists have discovered what may be the world’s oldest emoji — a smiley face painted on an 3,700-year-old piece of pottery.
- During an excavation at an ancient city whose remains are in modern-day Turkey near the Syrian border, archaeologists found the ancient pitcher with three visible paint strokes on it — two dots for eyes and a curve for a smile.
- Money Parked by Indians in Swiss banks hit record low.
- According to the data released by Zurich-based SNB, money parked by Indians in Swiss banks have nearly halved to 676 Swiss francs (about Rs. 4,500 crore) in 2016. The data release comes ahead of a new framework for the automatic exchange of information between Switzerland and India to check the menace of black money. SNB (Swiss National Bank) is Switzerland’s central banking authority.
- During 2016, the total money held by Indians fell by 45 % to stand at CHF 675.75 million. This is the biggest ever yearly decline in such funds.
- ISRO’s Satellite-based chips for Unmanned Rail Crossings.
- ISRO’s satellite-based chips are set to alert people at unmanned rail crossings
- Satellite-based chip systems developed by ISRO will be used to alert road users at unmanned level crossings about approaching trains.
- These chips will also help the railways in tracking train movement on a real-time basis. Initially, on a pilot basis the ISRO-developed integrated circuit (IC) chips will be installed in the Mumbai and Guwahati Rajdhani trains.
- Hooters will be installed at 20 unmanned level crossings on Rajdhani routes for Guwahati and Mumbai.
- Odisha to become First State in the Country to Open a Blood Bank for Cattle
- Odisha is set to become the first state in the country to open a blood bank for cattle. The proposal has received the nod from the National Agriculture Development Programme (NADP). It is now awaiting the approval from the state government.
- The blood bank for cattle would be set up on the premises of the Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology (OUAT) at an estimated cost of Rs. 3.25 crore.
- 60% of the project cost would be funded by the Central government and the rest 40% would be funded by the Odisha state government. Under this initiative, the blood would be procured voluntarily from the cattle farmers.
- The blood bank will also have blood transfusion facility for cattle blood. The blood bank will help in preventing cattle deaths during deliveries and other ailments. It would come handy in saving the lives of the domesticated animals.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes