- Govt okays water supply through pipeline to scarcity-hit areas
- The state government has given work orders to the Public Health and Engineering Department (PHED) to provide water through pipelines in Kho Nagoriyan, Jamdoli and Amber region which are facing an acute water crisis.
- The project will cost more than Rs 100 crore. Residents of Kho Nagoriyan area have participated in mass protests against water shortage. The area falls under the dark zone (where ground water levels are low) and water is being supplied through tankers.
- Jaipur city is facing water scarcity due to the inadequate rainfall this season. At present, PHED has cut short 20% of water supply from Bisalpur dam.
- Sino-India Joint Exercise Hand-in-Hand 2018
- Exercise Hand-in-Hand is conducted annually as part of military diplomacy and interaction between armies of India and China. The joint exercise for the year 2018 will be conducted from 10 to 23 December 2018 at Chengdu, China.
- The aim of the exercise is to build and promote close relations between armies of both the countries and to enhance ability of joint exercise commander to take military contingents of both nations under command.
- Exercise Hand-in-Hand 2018 will go a long way to further cement relationship between both the nations and will act as a catalyst in bringing bonhomie at grassroots levels between the armies of both countries.
- Food and Agriculture organisation (FAO) Council approves India’s proposal to observe an International Year of Millets in 2023
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh has said that the 160th session of the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) Council, currently underway in Rome, approved India’s proposal to observe an International Year of Millets in 2023.
- On behalf of all countrymen the minister conveyed his gratitude to the countries who voiced their support.
- The FAO Council also approved India’s membership to the Executive Board of the United Nations World Food Program (WFP) for 2020 and 2021 for which the Minister expressed his deepest gratitude to other member countries for their support.
- Cabinet approves implementation of Shahpurkandi Dam (National Project) on river Ravi in Punjab
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved implementation of Shahpurkandi Dam Project, Punjab on river Ravi. For this, Central Assistance of Rs. 485.38 cr (for irrigation component) would be provided over five years from 2018-19 to 2022-23.
- On completion of the project an Irrigation Potential of 5,000 ha in Punjab State and 32,173 ha in J&K State would be created.
- The project would be implemented by Govt. of Punjab with Central Assistance of Rs. 485.38 crore The project would be completed by June 2022.
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy conferred Skoch Award for National Significance
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India has been conferred the Skoch Award for National Significance at an event held recently in New Delhi.
- The award has been conferred on the Ministry considering its purpose and critical role played in installing about 73 GW renewable energy capacity in the country.
- Today, India ranks 4 in the world in wind energy capacity and 5th in solar & total renewable energy capacity installed in the world. India has played a critical role in setting up of international solar alliance. Further, India moved a resolution during the first meeting for making it a global initiative.
· Indian Navy to Conduct Exercise TROPEX From January 2019
- The Indian Navy will be conducting its flagship Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise, (TROPEX), from January 2019 end till early March 2019.
- As part of TROPEX, the Indian Navy would also be conducting a large-scale coastal defence exercise ‘Exercise Sea Vigil’ which will involve all stakeholders across mainland and island territories.
· Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra Yojana: Delhi government launched free pilgrimage scheme for 77, 000 senior citizens
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched a 3 day, 2-night free pilgrimage scheme, consisting of on five religious circuits, for senior citizens named- the ‘Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra Yojana’.
- The Delhi government will bear the expenses of 77,000 pilgrims every year although preference would be given to economically backward families.
- Under this scheme, 1,100 senior citizens, above 60 years, from each of the 70 assembly constituencies in Delhi can undertake free pilgrimage.
- The beneficiaries above the age of 70 can take an attendant above the age of 20 years and the beneficiaries would be certified via the respective area lawmakers.
- Khelo India Youth Games to be held in Pune from January 9
- After the resounding success of the first edition of the Khelo India School Games last year, the grassroot level hunt for sportspersons from across the country, is back in a bigger, better form.
- In its second edition, the games which is an initiative of the Central Government, has expanded in its scope, and will allow participants to compete in two categories, (Under 17) and (Under 21), this year. In its new form, the games, which will be known as the Khelo India Youth Games, also allows students from colleges and Universities to compete.
- The other highlight of this year’s games is that the national-level competition is moving out of the Capital and will be held in Maharashtra, which bid for the games, along with Assam and Jharkhand. This time, the games will be held in Pune, known as the city of students, from January 9 – January 20, 2019.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes