- Enabling PwDs to vote for truly universal franchise
- In a first of its kind move, the State election authority, the Chief Electoral Officer, has started constituency and district wise mapping of the persons with disabilities (PwD) for ensuring that they are enabled to exercise their franchise in the next elections whenever they are held.
- The election authority had so far identified around 14 lakh people under the PwD category in different constituencies across the State of whom, 4.16 lakh were found to be eligible voters. The CEO’s office had collected the data from different departments besides utilising the information provided by Aadhaar cards to ascertain the exact number of PwD so that necessary arrangements are made for them.
- The election authority had identified PwD under 31 different categories, including physical disabilities, speech and sight disability and other categories, and arrangements would be made to see that these people exercised their franchise without difficulty.
- INDO-Russian joint exercise INDRA 2018
- The joint military exercise between Indian and Russia EXERCISE INDRA 2018 on combating insurgency under the aegis of United Nations (UN) is being conducted at Babina Field Firing Ranges, Babina Military Station from 18 November 2018.
- The aim of the exercise is to practice joint planning and conduct to enhance interoperability of the two Armies in the peace keeping/ enforcement environment under the aegis of the UN.
- It is the tenth edition of Exercise INDRA series.
· World Antibiotic Awareness Week is observed from Nov 12 to Nov 18
- The main aimis to increase global awareness of antibiotic resistance and to encourage best practices among the general public.
- For 2018, the World Health Organization developed a range of materials for WAAW in all UN languages to help countries reflect their unique priorities.
- It would consist of a multi-day messaging campaign focusing on 5 “focus” days of tailored social media messaging around each of the Objectives.
- According to this, Ministries of Health will participate in WAAW 2018by marking all or just some of these “focus” days by speaking up on social media.
- World Diabetes Day: 14 November
- World Diabetes Day is observed on 14 November. The day is observed by the International Diabetes Federation and the World Health Organization on November 14 in response to the escalating health threat posed by diabetes.
- The theme for World Diabetes Day this year is “The Family and Diabetes”.
- Over 425 million people in the world are currently living with diabetes. Most of these cases are type 2 diabetes.
- Government Launches ‘LEAP’ and ‘ARPIT’ for higher education
- Satya Pal Singh, Minister of State, Ministry of Human Resource Development, launched two new initiatives; Leadership for Academicians Programme (LEAP) and Annual Refresher Programme In Teaching (ARPIT).
- Leadership for Academicians Programme (LEAP)is a three weeks Flagship leadership development training programme (2 weeks domestic and one week foreign training) for second level academic functionaries in public funded higher education institutions.
- LEAP will fulfill this critical need which will make higher education institutions perform their roles of developing better students who will be future torch bearers
- Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching (ARPIT),a major and unique initiative of online professional development of 15 lakh higher education faculty using the MOOCs platform SWAYAM.
· India celebrates the 130th birth anniversary of Pt Nehru
- The nation celebrates the 130th birth anniversary of Pt Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of independent India. Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tributes to the leader and remembered his contribution in India’s freedom struggle.
- Pt Nehru was born on November 14, 1889. He was known for his love for children and was fondly called Chacha Nehru. Before 1964, Children’s day was celebrated in India on November 20. It was observed as the Universal Children’s Day by the United Nations. But after Nehru’s death in 1964, the nation decided to celebrate his birthday asBal Diwas (Children’s Day) to honor his memory.
· Andhra Pradesh gets Offical State Emblem with Dhamma Chakka 4 Years after Bifurcation
- Nearly five years after the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh in 2014, the state has finalised its new emblem for official use.
- The state emblem consists of the Dhamma Chakkaor The Wheel of Law embellished with a ring of Triratnas alternating with pinnate leaves and precious stones.
- “Puna Ghataka” or “The vase of Plenty” is at the hub of the Dhamma Chakka.
- Further, the national emblem is placed at the bottom of the Andhra emblem.
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes