- Rajasthan’s gross enrolment ratio stands below national average
- Rajasthan’s gross enrolment ratio (GER) in higher education continues to stand among the lowest in the country, putting a question mark on the efforts by the successive governments. Rajasthan has recorded a GER of 22.7% against the national average of 25.8% in 2017-18. The GER is a % of the population in the age group of 18-23 enrolled in the higher education institutes.
- The budgetary allocation (in percentage) is among the highest in the country. Since 2011-12, the state has spent close to 1.45 lakh crore on education to improve the tally by just 3.5%. The enrolment has jumped from 11.76 lakh in 2011-12 to 15.69 lakh in 2017-18 by investing an average of 20,000 crores annually.
- State with high spending is way behind those states which share the same social conditions. Uttar Pradesh stood ahead with 25.9% Andhra Pradesh has 29.7%, Haryana with 28.7%, Maharashtra with 31.1%, Neighbouring Punjab with 30.3%. The saving grace is that Rajasthan is leading Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal.
The overall gross enrolment ratio in all educational institutes is 19 lakh in the 2017-18 academic year including 15, 69, 340 enrolled in the undergraduate programs. The intake in 235 government colleges is just 1.5 lakh while the total number of class XII students passed out from the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education (RBSE) was close to 7 lakh.
- Maldives confers its highest civilian award on PM Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred with the Maldives’ highest civilian award, the ‘Order of the Distinguished Rule of Izzudeen’, by the President of the host country, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih.
- The award is in recognition of the many services Prime Minister Modi has offered to cement the longstanding and amicable ties between the two countries.
- Also for the magnanimous assistance that the Indian government continues to provide to the Maldives under his stewardship.
- Forex reserves increase by 1.8 billion to 421.8 billion
- The country’s foreign exchange reserves increased by USD 1.875 billion to USD 421.867 billion in the week ending May 31.
- Reserve Bank weekly data released showed that foreign currency assets, which is a major component of the overall reserves, rose by USD 1.946 billion to USD 394.134 billion.
- According to the RBI data, after remaining stable for the past few weeks, gold reserves declined by USD 62.9 million to USD 22.958 billion.
- Union Cabinet has approved the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Siddhi Scheme
- Union Cabinet has approved the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Siddhi It will cost over Rs.87,000 crore a year to the exchequer. The government has announced its decision to extend the benefit of Rs.6,000 per yearunder the PM-KISAN scheme to all 14.5 crore farmers in the country, irrespective of the size of their landholding.
- The scheme was launched on 24th February 2019in the run-up to the 2019 Parliamentary elections in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh where the first rounds of installments were paid to several farmers.
- The government so far distributed thefirst installment to 3.11 crore beneficiaries and second installment to 2.66 crore beneficiaries into their bank accounts through Direct Benefit Transfer mode.
- Bancha, the first solar kitchen only village in India
- Bancha in Betul district is the first village in India to have zero wooden stoves and almost no use for LPG cylinders with all its 75 houses relying on solar-powered stoves to meet their cooking needs.
- The project of installing solar power plates, batteries and stoves in all the 74 houses was started in September 2017 and got completed by December 2018.
- French Open 2019 Concludes
- The 123rd edition of the French Open took place at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France.
- The winners of the various categories are as follows:
- Men’s Singles: Rafael Nadal (Spain)
- Women’s Singles: Ashleigh Barty (Australia)
- Men’s Doubles: Kevin Krawietz (Germany) and Andreas Mies (Germany)
- Women’s Doubles: Tímea Babos (Hungary) and Kristina Mladenovic (France)
- Mixed Doubles: Latisha Chan (Chinese Taipei) and Ivan Dodig (Croatia)
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes