- Bhamashah scheme: Govt to study its social impact
- The Rajasthan government is all set to get a social impact assessment study of various projects under Bhamashah scheme to assess its utility to the common man.
- The Bhamashah scheme was initiated in 2008 for financial inclusion and women. The scheme was revamped and relaunched in 2014.
- Around 18 schemes are on board the Bhamashah platform for electronic service delivery and the state government intends to bring 160 more services. More services will be added to the Bhamashah platform according to the preparedness of the implementing agencies.
- Until December last year, the government enrolled more than 150 lakh families for digital service delivery platform of Bhamashah and 32.13 core transactions have taken place through electronic service delivery platforms. Around Rs 12,527 crore has been transferred directly into bank accounts of beneficiaries through the Bhamashah platform.
- The selected agency will carry out the social impact assessment study. It will study the overall impact of the scheme across the state service delivery mechanism, its effect on the common masses, particularly beneficiaries of the social welfare programmes, developing measurement tools and deploying techniques for measuring such parameters, which may establish the impact of the intended objective of the scheme.
- The agency will conduct focused group discussions with the beneficiary population and the common public to assess the impact of the various aspects of the schemes.
Gk bit-Bhamashah scheme
- The Scheme was launched on 68th Independence Day of India in 2014.
- The objective of the scheme is financial inclusion, women empowerment and effective service delivery. Bank Accounts are being opened in the name of lady of the house and a Bhamashah Card is being given to families across the state. All cash benefits under public welfare schmes will be directly transferred to these bank accounts. The card will also be used to transfer non-cash benefits of various government schemes.
- Under Bhamashah Ration Cards, Pension, NREGS, Scholarships (Higher Education, Technical Education and for differently abled) are being brought under one platform. The card leverages bio-metric identification and core banking under the scheme, the family is being mapped and the single unique data set is being created. The scheme implementation will be in a faced manner and cover beneficiaries at all levels across Rajasthan.
- Bhahamshah card holder will be able to obtained services at different service point which include bank branches, ATMs, e-mitra kiosk. Additionally integrated service delivery shall be ensured at Rajasthan Sampark IT Centers right up to Panchayat level and Municipal areas.
PP (Previous paper) – RAS pre 2016
- Consider the following statements regarding Bhamasha Yojana–
(i) With the consent of the family, any woman of the family, who has attained the age of 21 years, may be declared as the head of the family.
(ii) First verification of Bhamashah enrollment is done by the Sarpanch of the concerned Gram Panchayat.
(a) Only (i) is correct (b) Only (ii) is correct
(c) Both (i) and (ii) are correct (d) Both (i) and (ii) are incorrect
(Ans : a)
- Romania to have first female prime minister, Viorica Dancila
- Viorica Dancila has been named as Romania’s first female PM following the sudden resignation of Mihai Tudose.
- Ms Dancila, a member of the European Parliament, is regarded as an ally of the governing Social Democratic Party (PSD) leader Liviu Dragnea.
- Ms Dancila, 54, is Romania’s third prime minister in seven months.
· Google awarded 72 lakh for finding bugs in Pixel phone
- Google awarded nearly 72 lakh to researcher Guang Gong for finding bugs in its Pixel devices.
- The exploit chain consisted of two bugs which together could inject arbitrary code into system server by accessing a malicious URL in Chrome.
- Around 67 lakh of the reward was given from Google’s Android Security Rewards program, the highest in the program’s history.
· India Ratings Projects Economic Growth at 7.1 Next Fiscal
- India Ratings and Research have projected the country’s economic growth to improve to 1 percentin 2018-19 from 6.5 percent in 2017-18, buoyed by robust consumer demand and low commodity prices.
- In its outlook for 2018-19, according to the agency, there will be a gradual pickup in growth momentum owing to structural reforms like GST and Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code in place.
- The projection is a tad lower than 7.4 percent growth estimated by Asian Development Bank and International Monetary Fund for next fiscal.
- Government to set up $350 million fund to finance solar projects
- Government will set up a $350 million fund to finance solar projects, as the country steps up efforts to achieve its ambitious target of adding 175 gigawatts (GW) in renewable energy by 2022.
- India will need at least $125 billion to fund a plan to increase the share of renewable power supply in the country’s grid by 2022.
- The country, which receives twice as much sunshine as European nations, wants to make solar central to its renewable expansion.
- Installed renewable power capacity is currently about 60 GW
· HDFC Bank Becomes 1st Indian Bank to Cross Rs5 trillion Market Capitalisation
- India’s most-valued lender HDFC Bank Limitedcrossed Rs5 trillion capitalization action for the first time, making it only the third Indian company to achieve this milestone.
- In intraday trade, the stock touched a fresh record high of Rs1,53.75 on the BSE, up 3.31% from its previous close.
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) and Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) are the other two companies which crossed market capitalisation of Rs5 trillion.
· NPPA fixes retail price of 30 drug formulations
- Drug price regulator National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA)fixed retail price for 30 drug formulations, including those used for the treatment of Diabetics, bacterial infections, and high blood pressure.
- NPPA is an independent body under Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers. It was set up in 1997.
- Its mandate is to fix/review.
- Essential medicines are those that satisfy the priority health care needs of the country’s population.
· Maharashtra becomes first state to unveil Public Cloud Policy
- Maharashtra became the first state in the country to unveil Public Cloud Policy that virtually mandates state government departments to shift their data storage.
- The State Government had formed a four-member committee to draft policy framework on cloud usage.
- The policy will result in additional private sector investments worth the US $2 billion for cloud industry as the government is one of biggest creators.
· Virat Kohli named as Captain of ICCs Test and ODI Teams of the Year
- Virat Kohli was named the captain of the International Cricket Council (ICC) Test and One-Day International (ODI) teams of the year that included four other Indians as well.
- Kohli scored 2,023 runs at 77.80, including eight centuries and three half-centuries in 18 matches during the qualification period.
- He surprisingly pipped Australian skipper Steve Smith for the ICC’s Test team captaincy.
- The Test team also comprises Cheteshwar Pujara and Ravichandran Ashwin.
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022