India’s AIDS Control Programme is globally acclaimed as a success story. The National AIDS Control Programme (NACP), launched in 1992, is being implemented as a comprehensive programme for prevention and control of HIV/AIDS in India. Over time, the focus has shifted from raising awareness to behavior change, from a national response to a more decentralized response and to increasing involvement of NGOs and networks of PLHIV.Uptill now four phase of the programme has been launches.
National Aids Control Organisation is the central body for implementation of the scheme.
The main objective of NACP IV is to:
- Reduce new infections by 50 percent (2007 Baseline of NACP III).
- Provide comprehensive care and support to all persons living with HIV/AIDS and treatment services for all those who require it.
This will be achieved through the following strategies:-
- Intensifying and consolidating prevention services with a focus on (a) high-risk groups and vulnerable population and (b) general population.
- Expanding Information, Education and Communication (IEC) services for (a) general population and (b) High-Risk Groups (HRGS) with a focus on behaviour change and demand generation.
- Increasing access and promoting comprehensive Care, Support and Treatment (CST)
- Building capacities at National, State, District and facility levels
- Strengthening Strategic Information Management Systems.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes