- World’s first robot table tennis tutor sets Guinness record.
- The world’s first robot table tennis tutor FORPHEUS in Japan has set a new Guinness World Record for its uncanny ability of being able to play the game better than most humans.
- FORPHEUS (Future Omron Robotics Technology for Exploring Possibility of Harmonised Automation with SinicTheoretics) has officially been given the Guinness title for its unique technological intelligence and educational capabilities.
- 28 February: National Science Day
- National Science Day is celebrated in India on 28 February each year to mark the discovery of the Raman Effect by Indian physicist Sir ChandrashekharaVenkata Raman on 28 February 1928. For his discovery, Sri C.V. Raman was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930.
- National Science Day is celebrated to widely spread a message about the most Importance of science used in the daily life of the people.
- Two New Species Found at National park.
- In a major breakthrough in eco-conservation, forest officials in Munnar have spotted two critically endangered impatiens plant species on the peripheries of the Eravikulam National Park.
- The newly discovered specis include- Impatiens Mankulamensisand Impatiens They are included in the critically endangered category of IUCN.
Impatiens, also called jewel weeds, are seen in pristine forests where moisturecontent and relative humidity are high.
- The Eravikulam National Park and the Mankulam forest division are surrounded by sholas.The plant normally flowers in the rainy season of July to October. The flowers are white in colour with a pink border.
- PM unveils 112-foot tall Shiva statue ‘Adiyogi’.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the 112-foot tall statue dedicated to ‘Adiyogi’ at Coimbatore.The statue has been funded by Isha Foundation, founded by the popular yoga guru JaggiVasudev.
- The foundation has been mired in controversies since 2012. Tribal associations in the Coimbatore region allege that the statue lack approvals.
- SEBI to tighten algo trading rules
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) plans to further tighten the regulations for algorithmic trading to minimise instances of misuse of such systems that can be used to execute complex trading strategies at a very high speed.
- Algorithmic trading refers to the use of software programmes to execute trading strategies at a much faster pace. On the National Stock Exchange (NSE), algo trades accounted for close to 16% of all trades. On the BSE, it was 8.56% in January.
Need for strengthening of rules:
- India was one of the few countries in the world to regulate algorithmic trading — popularly called algo trading. SEBI is looking to further strengthen the norms so that instances of flash crashes that have happened overseas, and also in India a few times, could be minimised.
- 4thIndia CLMV Business Conclave Inaugurated at Jaipur.
- The 4th India CLMV (Cambodia, Laos, PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam) Business Conclave have deliberations on manufacturing, renewable energy, agriculture and skilling among others.
- Aimed at identifying specific project opportunities and seek business partnerships in the region, the two-day programme consist of business to business meetings and sectoral sessions.
- Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam collectively, is the third largest economy in ASEAN, followed by Indonesia and Thailand. Due to close proximity, India is looking to boost trade and investment with the CLMV region as part of the ‘Act East’ policy announced by the Prime Minister during the 12th India – ASEAN Summit in 2013.
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes