. 74th amendment has a provision that says every metropolitan area shall have a metropolitan planning committee to prepare a draft development plan. The state legislature may make provisions with respect to the following:
- The composition of such committees;
- The manner of election of members of such committees;
- The representation in such committes of the Central government, state government and other organisations;
- The functions of such committees in relation to planning and coordination for the metropolitan area; and
- The manner of election of chairpersons of such committees.
The act lays down that two-thirds of the members of a metropolitan planning committee should be elected by the elected members of the municipalities and chairpersons of the panchayats in the metropolitan area from amongst themselves. The representation of these members in the committee should be in proportion to the ratio between the population of the municipalities and the panchayats in that metropolitan area.
The chairpersons of such committees shall forward the development plan to the state government. In preparing the draft development plan, a metropolitan planning committee shall
- Have regard to—
- the plans prepared by the Municipalities and the Panchayats in the Metropolitan area;
- matters of common interest between the Municipalities and the Panchayats, including co- ordinated spatial planning of the area, sharing of water and other physical and natural resources, the integrated development of infrastructure and environmental conservation;
- the overall objectives and priorities set by the Government of India and the government of the state;
- the extent and nature of investments likely to be made in the Metropolitan area by agencies of the Government of India and of the Government of the State and other available resources whether financial or otherwise; and
- consult such institutions and organizations as the Governor may specify.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes