- Most of the canals provide perennial irrigation. This saves the crops from drought conditions and helps in increasing the farm production.
- Canals carry a lot of sediments brought down by the rivers. The sediments is deposited in the agriculture fields which adds to the fertility.
- Some of the canals are parts of multipurpose project and therefore provide cheap source of irrigation.
- Low operational cost.
- Leads to the problem of water logging along the canal route.
- Capillary action brings alkaline salts to the surface and makes large area unfit for agriculture.
- The marshy areas near the canals act as breeding grounds of mosquitoes which result in widespread malaria.
- Many canals over flow during rainy season and flood the surrounding areas.
- Canal irrigation is suitable in plain areas only.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes