Negatives of Interlinking of rivers:
- This entails environmental cost. Interlinking would destroy water bodies as each river has unique flora and fauna based on its ecology. Mixing of waters will adversely affect this uniqueness, producing unforeseen consequences.
- Interlinking will lead to submergence of forest. This will worsen climate change. Forest, which act as carbon sinks get submerged.
- It will affect the cultural and social life of the people dependent on the river. Interlinking will impact the flow of the river and the local ecology
- It will also entails the rehabilitation cost. The tribals will be mostly affected because of the developmental projects. According to a study, in 95% of the cases the tribals are mostly affected.
- Large hydropowers are no more seen as a viable option as cost of electricity generated is high. According to a report by CAG, the flood preventing feature is not full proof for big dams.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes