With an aim to create a $400-billion electronicsmanufacturing industry & generate 1 cr jobs by2025, the Ministry of Electronics and InformationTechnology (MeitY) has come out with the draft‘National Policy on Electronics 2018’ (NPE 2018).
Initiatives taken for Electronic System Design &Manufacturing (ESDM) Sector in India
- Electronics Manufacturing Clusters: To overcome disadvantages due toinfrastructure, EMC was launched whichencouraged entities to provide good qualityinfrastructure and logistics within a cluster.The Government provides 50% & 75% of thecost for development of infrastructure inGreenfield & Brownfield clusters respectively.
- Modified Special Incentive Package scheme(M-SIPS): In order to compensate fordisadvantages in domestic manufacturing, MSIPSprovides for capital subsidy of 25% forElectronics Industry located in non-SEZ areaand 20% for those in SEZ areas.
- Preferential Market Access: It is a schemeguaranteeing preference for locallymanufactured products during procurement(minimum 30%) for government projects.
- Electronics Development Fund (EDF): In orderto promote startups and innovation and alsoto achieve an ambitious target of ‘Net ZeroImports’ by 2020, EDF was launched which is a
fund of funds (invests in Venture funds, whichin turn invests in ventures).
Phased Manufacturing Programme (PMP):PMP has the objective of progressively
increasing the domestic value addition in the domain of mobile handsets and componentsmanufacturing.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes