Can generate 550 MT oxygen in Telangana: T Harish Rao
Health minister T Harish Rao stated that Telangana will be capable enough to generate 550 metric tonnes (MT) of oxygen on a daily basis and added that the government has signed an agreement with some organisations at Pashamylaram Industrial Area.
Addressing the gathering after inaugurating an oxygen plant at an area hospital in Zaheerabad on Sunday, the minister stated that the state only had capacity to generate 200 MT of oxygen when Covid hit Telangana in March 2020. The state had to import oxygen from Tamil Nadu, Goa, and Karnataka as the demand increased to 500 MT, the minister added.
Following these developments, the health minister stated that chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao directed them to increase the capacity of oxygen supply to 550 metric tonnes. He said that they had connected all 27,000 beds in hospitals to an oxygen supply company for establishing an oxygen plan. He stated that this was the 86th plant in the state.
Space X Launched NROL-87 Mission
SpaceX successfully launched NROL-87, a spy satellite for the US military, as part of the operation.
- Falcon rocket was used to launch the satellite, which is the second of the mission’s three planned launches. Many details of the NRO fleet are never revealed, as these satellites are employed for military purposes.
- The First Time NRO Mission required a Rocket landing, also called a Vertical landing. This was propelled from the Californian Space Force outpost of Vandenberg.
- The NROL-87 is a reconnaissance satellite operated by the United States.
- The satellite was launched into a 512.7 km orbit by a Falcon rocket. It was orbited around the Sun in a Sun Synchronous Orbit, also known as Helio synchronous orbit, which It’s a polar orbit.
National Sports Federations Scheme of Assistance
To strengthen its support for sports in India, the Union Government has authorized the continuation of the “Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations (NSFs).”
- The continuation of the Scheme has been authorized with a budget of Rs. 1575 crore for the XV Finance Commission Cycle, which runs from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- The principal Central Sector Scheme is the Scheme of Assistance to NSFs.
- It is a significant source of funding for national teams preparing for the Asian Games, Para Asian Games, Olympic Games, Para-Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games (CWG), and other major international tournaments.
- The cycle’s funding will be extended to NSFs for national team training for national and international events between 2022 and 2026, focusing on the Commonwealth and Asian Games in 2022, the Olympics, and the Paralympics in 2024 Asian and Commonwealth Games in 2026.
he classroom at ParayShikshalaya is an open one. The West Bengal government will be the one to launch it.
- The ParayShikshalaya has been established for pupils in pre-primary and primary school.
- Elementary education will be provided to pupils in classes 1 through 5 under the system. The classes will take place on the ground.
- Extracurricular activities would be promoted and supported among the pupils. Meals will be served in the middle of the day.
- According to NITI Aayog, the primary school dropout rate was 6.61 percent in 2010-11. In addition, since COVID, the number of pupils attending school has declined across India. West Bengal’s rural areas are yet to obtain internet access. The open room classroom is the ideal technique to bring in primary school children in this situation.
Leopard Counting Census
Forest department employees rescued a leopard from the Sishugram Red Cross organisation near IIT Guwahati on February 3, 2022.
- After being observed, the leopard will be released into its natural habitat.
- Under its divisional competence, the NKF Division has also begun the process of conducting a leopard counting census.
- North Kamrup Forest Division (NKF Division) has begun an exclusive leopard counting census in Assam’s forest and non-forest areas for the first time.
- The leopard counting census has begun in Amingaon, Kamrup district, where leopards have high densities.
- It began on January 31, 2022. Leopards will be counted using the camera trapping approach.
- In the Amingaon area, 50 cameras would be deployed at Sila Reserve Forest, NIPER, Changsari, AIIMS, and other locations.
The Central Government has released a Post Devolution Revenue Deficit (PDRD) grant of 9,871 crores of rupees, distributed to 17 states after the finance ministry’s approval.
The state governments get the Post Devolution Revenue Deficit grant. Article 275 of the constitution provides for the grant.
The grants are distributed following the fifteenth finance commission’s recommendations.
The parliament shall offer grants – in – aid to states, according to Article 275. India’s consolidated fund funds these grants.
The federal government has complete authority to set varying amounts for various states. The grant’s goal is to assist state governments in covering the costs of the projects, promoting the welfare of scheduled tribes, and improving the administration of scheduled territories.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022