- 89th Academy Awards
- The 89th Academy Awards ceremony, presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) to honor the best films of 2016, held at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, California. During the ceremony, AMPAS presented Academy Awards (commonly referred to as Oscars) in 24 categories.
89th Academy Awards (Oscar Awards)
Best picture: Moonlight
Best director: Damien Chazelle (La La Land)
Best actor: Casey Affleck (Manchester by the Sea)
Best actress: Emma Stone (La La Land)
The awards ceremony was first broadcast on radio in 1930 and televised for the first time in 1953. It is now seen live in more than 200 countries.
- Government frames National Transit Oriented Development Policy.
- The Union Urban Development Ministry has formulated ‘National Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Policy’ to address the challenges of urbanisation. The policy framework aims to promote living close to mass urban transit corridors like the Metros, monorail and bus rapid transit (BRT) corridors. Key Facts Under the new Metro policy, TOD has been made mandatory and also an essential reform under the green urban mobility scheme and given priority for receiving central assistance.
- India, Germany ratify social security agreement.
- India and Germany have ratified the Social Security Agreement (SSA), which will come into force from May 1 this year, to help promote more investment flows between the two countries.
- The agreement establishes the rights and obligations of nationals of both countries and provides for their equal treatment and unrestricted payment of pensions even in case of residence in the other contracting state (benefits export principle).
- The SSA will also integrate the provisions of the 2008 social insurance pact that exempts detached workers of the two countries from making social security contributions in either countries so long as they were making such contributions in their respective countries.
- Mumbai richest Indian city with wealth of $820 billion.
- Till date, India has signed and operationalised similar agreements with 18 countries, including Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, South Korea, Germany and Japan.
- According to New World Wealth, Mumbai is the richest city in the country followed by Delhi and Bengaluru in the second and third place, respectively.
- Mumbai, which is home to 46,000 millionaires and 28 billionaires, is the richest Indian city with a total wealth of $820 billion.
- The total wealth held in the country amounts to USD 6.2 trillion (as of December 2016) and the country is home to 264,000 millionaires and 95 billionaires in total.
- Woman’s power award went to Rajasthan.
- Women and Child Development, Government of India announced the award went to the woman’s power.Rajasthan has been chosen as the best state.
On the occasion of International Women’s Day on March 8 next President will be awarded. Under this amount of Rs 1 lakh and a citation will be given.
- Minister of State for Women and Child Development said Anita Bdel the Department of Women and Child Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao plan the best effort and the best implementation for innovation and improvement in sex ratio has been chosen as the best state of Rajasthan.
- Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India under the aegis of various Centrally Sponsored schemes leading state of Rajasthan in India.
Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao original vision of the Government of India under the auspices of the Department of Women and Child Development in the Pali district went from full power is mission driven.
Further innovations in the field of women’s empowerment to adopt a leading state of Rajasthan.
It was launched in India is the center of their first role model, on which the Government of India introduced various centers in all states are being called Sakhi.
- The Beti Bachao-Beti Pdao scheme currently operates in 14 districts of India’s 161 districts and Rajasthan.
The plan at the state level and in 14 districts the various initiatives proposed by the wake of the Directorate of Women’s Empowerment, Women and Child Development, Government of India was sent.
- Empowerment of women in the last three years were from the Department of Innovation and Beti Bachao-Beti Pdao Rajasthan due to the effective implementation of the plan “has been selected for award of Woman Power.
- The upcoming March 8 International Women’s Day, held in New Delhi on the occasion of the award from the President will be provided.
The gender ratio has been increased from 888 in 2911 to 939 in 2016. It has been achieved with strong efforts in the initiatives like Rajshree scheme, Mukhbir scheme, Decoy operations and Regular inspections.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes