- Nagaland Gets New Chief Minister, Liezietsu Shurhozelie.
- Ruling Naga People’s Front (NPF) supremo Shurhozelie Liezietsu will take over from Chief Minister TR Zeliang.
Recent issue in Nagaland –
- It is the Conflict in social groups of Nagaland for the 33 % reservation of women in elections.
- Naga Mothers’ Association (NMA) had moved the Supreme Court in 2012 for implementation of 33 per cent representation for women in the urban local bodies.
- On the other side various tribal bodies, including the Naga Hoho, have called for a boycott to oppose 33 per cent reservation for women arguing that reservation (for women) would infringe on Naga customary laws.
- It’s a conflict between Naga customary laws and the constitutional provisions. Tribal bodies, led by the apex group, Naga Hoho, say 33 per cent reservation for women would infringe upon Naga customary laws.
- Simply put, it’s is a direct confrontation between
Articles 243 (D) — which gives 33 per cent reservation for women — and
Article 371 (A) – which gives special status to the Nagaland State based on distinct political and cultural structure.
- Regional rural banks can offer gold loans up to Rs 2 lakh.
- Reserve Bank of India has raised the ceiling of gold loans given by regional rural banks (RRB) to Rs 2 lakh from Rs 1 lakh, expanding the access to credit for farmers and artisans willing to pledge gold as collateral.
- RRBs with their 21000 branch network across country’s rural belt play a significant role in farm credit and offer loans for various purposes against the security of gold or gold ornaments as a part of their lending policy.
- RBI has doubled the gold loan ceiling for loans not exceeding 12 months from the date of sanction.
- This facility comes with bullet repayment option. This means the loans will become due for payment only at the end of the tenure. But the interest will be charged at monthly rests.
- Triple Talaq matter will be heard at Constitutional Bench.
- The Supreme Court on Thursday said a five-judge constitution bench would sit in May to decide on pleas relating to aspects of triple talaq. The apex court will also frame issues on March 30 regarding triple talaq, nikah halala and polygamy in Muslims for consideration.
Triple Talaq issue
- The All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB), however, had rubbished the stand taken by the government that the apex court should re-look these practices as they are violative of fundamental rights like gender equality and the ethos of secularism, a key part of the basic structure of the Constitution. According to the opinion of AIMPLB, The Shariah laws have their origin in the Holy Quran and the Sunnah. These Shariah laws are divine laws and cannot be modified changed or altered by any person or authority.
- The triple talaq practice allows a Muslim man to divorce his wife by saying the word ‘talaq’ (divorce) three times. Under nikah halala, a woman wishing to wed a man from whom she is divorced must first marry someone else.
- Now License required For very small business too in Rajasthan.
- As an order passed by Rajasthan Govt, Now Zym, Beauty parlour, Café, Mobile food vehicle are requires the licenses from urban local bodies. If failed to apply it before 30th april, 5% penalty will be imposed.
- It will under the purview of Nagar Nigam, Nagar parishad and Nagar palika.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022