- Rajasthan launched Jan Soochna Portal; first state to do so
- The Rajasthan government launched a Jan Soochna Portal on Friday. The portal, which has been developed by the information and technology department, will have information pertaining to 13 departments on a single platform.
- The IT department has created a public information portal in which 23-24 types of information will be made available from 13 departments.
- Under Section 4 (2) of the Right to Information Act 2005, provisions were made that different authorities and government departments would voluntarily disclose information through various means, including internet, so that in order to seek various pieces of information, public shall file a number of applications. However, in the past 14 years, the Centre and various state governments had not implemented this provision of the section.
- The information related to 13 departments include: rural development and panchayati raj department (information on MGNREGA workers, ODF beneficiaries, development works under panchayati raj institutions); health and family welfare department (information on CM free medicines and treatment scheme, on the beneficiaries of Ayushmaan Bharat-Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojana); Administrative Reforms Department (RTI); food and civil supplies department (information on beneficiaries of national food security Act, ration card holders, fair price shops); cooperative department (information on beneficiaries of the loan waiver scheme, disbursal of short-term crop loans and purchase of pulses and oilseeds at minimum support price).
- The other departments are: primary and secondary education (information on Shala Darpan and Shala Darshan); social justice and empowerment department (information on special schemes, Palanhar and its beneficiaries and information on beneficiaries of social security pension scheme); labour and employment department (information on labour card holders); mining department (clearance report DMFT); Planning, IT and Communications department (information on State Resident Data Repository card holders, E-mitra kiosks); revenue department (land records); tribal area development department (Forest Rights Act, Community Forest Rights); Energy department (information on consumers, status of applications).
- Thailand first in Asia to roll out plain cigarette packaging
- Thailand rolled out plain cigarette packaging , the first country in Asia to introduce what activists say is an effective way to reduce the appeal of smoking.
In 2012, Australia became the first country to require tobacco products to be sold without colourful brand logos.
- Since then a host of mostly European countries have followed suit, including France, Hungary and the UK.
- Sri Lanka flags off Pulathisi Express, a ‘Make In India’ train
- The strong ties between India and its southern neighbour Sri Lanka received a boost when a newly ‘Make In India’ train rake was flagged of from Colombo Fort Railway station.
- The rake of Pulathisi Express was manufactured in the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai.
- Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena, Transport Minister Arjuna Ranathunga and Indian envoy to Sri Lanka Taranjit Singh Sandhu flagged off a new train to Polonnaruwa from Colombo Fort Railway station.
- PM Modi launches Kisan Man Dhan Yojana for small, marginal farmers
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ‘Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana’ at Ranchi in Jharkhand.
- The Scheme will secure the lives of Small and Marginal Farmers by providing a pension of 3,000 rupees per month to those who attain 60 years of age.
- According to an estimate, five crore farmers across the country including 10 lakh in Jharkhand will be benefited from this scheme.
- The Prime Minister also launched the National Pension Scheme for the Traders and The Self-Employed.
- The scheme aims at providing a minimum assured pension of 3,000 rupees to small traders and self-employed after attaining the age of 60 Years.
· Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development launches Curriculum for Life Skills
- Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shri Sanjay Dhotre launched the Curriculum for Life Skills – JeevanKaushal.It is designed by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- The demand for quality higher education for producing employable, exceptionally performing graduates qualified with skills, knowledge and ethics essential for leading a rewarding life and it is with this aim University Grants Commission issued Quality Mandate and its objectives. The UGC adopted in the National Conference of Vice Chancellors and Directors on Research & Innovation held between 26th to 28th July, 2018 and Life Skills (JeevanKaushal) for students.
· Union HRD Minister launches several initiatives of MIC and AICTE to boost research and innovation
- Union Human Resource Development Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank attended the First Annual Innovation Festivalof the MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC). The Innovation cell showcased more than 70 top students innovations from across India.
- He launched Smart India Hackathon 2020, Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2020, and Institution’s Innovation Council 2.0. The event witnessed the release of the Start-Up Policy Document and SIH Report, launch of Technical Teachers Training Module, ATAL Academies, Protsahan Mudra Scheme, Vishwakarma Award and the Vice Chancellor’s Meet on the Student Induction Programme.
- The MHRD come up with National Start-up policy frameworkfor students and faculty members who are keen to become entrepreneurs. The Start-up policy is implemented in all major educational institutions and a regular feedback mechanism should be established to understand emerging challenges and steps should be taken to ensure that a robust entrepreneurial ecosystem is developed in educational institutions.
- Mary Kom, Sai Praneeth, Yashaswini Deswal added to TOPS
- The celebrated MC Mary Kom, young shooter Yashaswini Singh Deswal and shuttler Sai Praneeth were among 12 top sportspersons who were included in the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) of the government.
- The athletes were chosen on the basis of these parameters: global performance trends from most recent Olympic Games, World Championships, Asian Games and Asian Championships, performance of competing international counterparts in the last three years, high performance age of a typical Olympic medallist specific to each event, performance of Indian athletes in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
Gk bit: TOP Scheme
- It is Launched by Ministry of Sports within the ambit of National Sports Development Fund (NSDF).
- It aims at identifying and supporting potential medal prospectsfor upcoming Olympic Games.
- It will provide selected sportspersons customized training at institutes having world class facilities and also other necessary supportis being provided to the elite athletes. It will also provide a benchmark for selection of athletes on par with international standards.
- Under it, Sports Authority of India (SAI) and federations, which are members of Mission Olympic Cell (MOC), will be nodal agenciesfor disbursal for fund. They will make payments directly to beneficiary person and institution concerned on behalf of athletes.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes