· Telangana’s per capita income touches Rs 2 lakh, grows 13.8%
- The per capita income (PCI) of Telanganahas touched the Rs 2 lakh mark in the fiscal 2018-19. The Socio-Economic Outlook Report – 2019 shows that the state’s average rose from Rs 1,80,697 in the fiscal 2017-18 to Rs 2,05,696 in the 2018-19 financial year, registering a growth of 13.8% at current prices.
- Telangana had a PCI of Rs 91,121 in 2011-12. From there, it rose to Rs 2,05,696 in 2018-19 — the growth being 126% over the years.
- The all-India PCI was Rs 1,14,958 in 2017-18, which increased to Rs 1,26,406 in 2018-19, registering a 10% growth at current prices. Going by these statistics, the growth rate of Telangana PCI has been higher by 3.8% than the all-India PCI rate
PCI is the average income earned per person in the state in the financial year.
- According to the state domestic product, when this is studied in relation to the total population of the state, it indicates the relative standard of living or well-being of the people in the state.
- These are referred to as estimates of per capita income. The district per capita income estimates help the state examine the regional disparities. While doing so, it also helps in formulating a plan for the development of those districts that are comparatively under developed.
- World Literacy Day is celebrated on 8 September
- On 8th September every year, International Literacy Day is celebrated to make people to know the importance of Literacy for people, communities and societies.
- It aims to combat worldwide problems also to promote illiteracy. The theme for 2019 is Literacy and Multilingualism.
- On 26th October in 1966, the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) declared 8th September as International Literacy Day.
- The 7th RCEP is being held in Thailand
- The 7th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) ministerial meeting is being held from 8-10 September 2019 at Bangkok, Thailand.
- In the meeting 10 members of ASEAN countries, their six free trade agreement (FTA) partners.
- India will be represented by the Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railways Piyush Goyal. After RCEP, he will be holding bilateral meetings with his counterparts from Russia, Japan, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand.
Gk bit : RCEP
- The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) was established in November 2012 at the ASEAN Summit in Cambodia. It is a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the 10 Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries and its 6 FTA partners.
10 ASEAN Countries:
- Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines
6 FTA Partners:
- India, China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, and New Zealand.
- PM inaugurated AURIC
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Aurangabad Industrial City (AURIC), India’s first i ndustrial smart city, in Aurangabad, Maharashtra. The programme aims to boost the Government of India’s Smart Cities programme.
- AURIC is India’s first greenfield smart city. Aurangabad has been planned to be the new benchmark of industrial progress. It is situated in the underdeveloped Marathwada region. The 10,000-acre big AURIC is a part of the under-construction Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC). The city is being promoted as a major industrial hub on the DMIC.
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting decides to discontinue single use plastic
- The Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) has announced its plan to get rid of single-use plastic within the secretariat. The Ministry has encouraged the staffers to turn the recycled paper.
- The reason aims to implement the ban as it plans to have a clean and green environment with collective responsibility and endless methods toward achieving the goal of plastic-free surroundings. All the Ministry officials are requested to discontinue the single-use of plastic folders, plastic water bottles, and different such things forthwith and instead start/encourage the utilization of recycled paper.
- PM to launch a new initiative to control FMD
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to launch a new initiative in the National disease management Programme for Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis. Under this scheme, the Centre will allocate Rs.13,500 crore central scheme to control livestock diseases.
- The scheme will be launched on 11 September from Mathura district in Uttar Pradesh. On this day, PM also will launch the National AI Programme throughout the event on 11 September in Mathura.
- The aim of the Programme is to regulate Foot and Mouth sickness and Brucellosis by 2025 with vaccination and ultimate demolition of FMD by 2030.
- PM Modi launches Mumbai Metro coach under the Make in India initiative
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a slew of metro projects in Maharashtra’s Mumbai and launched a metro coach-built indigenously under the Make in India program, in a visit that comes ahead of the assembly elections scheduled in October.
- He inaugurated projects worth more than Rs 20,000 crore.
- The Mumbai metro project will not only help to easing out commute for passengers but will also be a source of employment for a number of people as coaches of the new metro train will be made in India.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes