- Heritage tag for 2 irrigation facilities in Telangana
- International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage (ICID), at Saskatoon in Canada last month has accepted Telangana government’s nomination of Sadarmatt anicut across river Godavari in Nirmal district and Pedda Cheruvu in Kamareddy district in the ICID Register of Heritage Irrigation Structures.
The HIS award is a deserving recognition to this irrigation facility which has provided precious water for paddy crops in its designed ayacut of 13,100 acres in present day Khanapur and Kadem mandals since its construction in 1891-92. It has also served as a picnic spot for people from an area which may not be as vast its catchment area of nearly 40,000 sq miles but is spread over old undivided Adilabad, Karimnagar and Nizamabad districts.
- INDO-MONGOLIA joint exercise Nomadic Elephant-2018
- Indo-Mongolia joint exercise Nomadic Elephant-2018, commenced at Mongolian Armed Forces (MAF) Five Hills Training Area, Ullanbaatar, Mongolia with a brief but impressive opening ceremony.
- The 12 days long joint exercise will be conducted from 10 Sep to 21 Sep 2018.
- Exercise Nomadic Elephant is an annual, bilateral exercise since 2006 which is designed to strengthen the partnership between Indian Army and Mongolian Armed Forces.
· NASA’s Dawn mission is about to end
- Dawn, NASA’s only robot exploring the Asteroid Belt, is about to die. The spacecraft is likely to run out of a key fuel knwon as hydrazine— which keeps it oriented and in communication with Earth — between September and October.
- Launched in September 2007, Dawn was majorly tasked to study two of the three known protoplanets of the asteroid belt Vesta and Ceres.
· India to work with Africa to keep oceans open for all
- India will work with Africa to keep the oceans open and free for the benefit of all nations
- India’s vision of Indian Ocean Security is cooperative and inclusive, rooted in security and growth for all in the region.
- The Indian Ocean has been witnessing a growing presence of China. The African continent too has been witnessing increasing presence of Beijing.
· Jammu and Kashmir becomes 3rd State to adopt RADMS software
- The Road Accident Data Management System(RADMS) software is a geographical information system (GIS) solution for identification of black spots, wrong driving practices, overloading issues, driver issues and other factors causing or related to road accidents.
- In 2015, the ‘Supreme Court committee on road safety’ had mandated all states to use RADMS.
· Delhi launched government services at doorstep delivery
- Delhi governmentlaunched a new project to deliver public services at the doorstep of residents. As per the project, the people in Delhi can now apply for 40 government documents to be delivered to their homes for a fee of 50 per service. Delhiites can utilise the facility to apply from driving licences to marriage certificates.
- The customer should dial 1076 and fix an appointment with a Mobile Sahayak, who will go to their home and help with filling forms, payment of fees and collection of documents.
- The Mobile Sahayak would then submit the documents to the concerned government officials, which would post the certificate or licence once issued. So far 2,728 callswere connected and 1,286 were answered by the operators. The calls that were attempted but were unable to connect would be returned by the operators.
· Bengaluru International Airport first in country to roll out facial recognition facility from 2019
- Bengaluru International Airport announced that roll out facial recognition facility for the passengers of some select airlines from 2019.
- The first few airlines involved with this are Jet Airways, Air Asia and SpiceJet.
- This makes BIAL the first aerodrome in the country to implement paperless air travel.
- It has inked a pact with the Lisbon-based digital and biometric solutions services provider Vision-Box to implement the technology.
- This is a part of the Digi Yatra project to make boarding process paperless.
· Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana to Cover Child Cancer Treatment
- The child cancer will be treated under the Ayushman Bharat scheme and the rate in this regard is fixed.
- According to the announcement made, 1.5 lakh health and wellness centres will be opened across India by 2022 under the scheme.
- The centres will provide comprehensive health care for diseases like diabetes, cancer, hypertension and cardiovascular diseases.
· Digital push to bring lower courts online
- The government expects to bring online connectivity to 2,992 more district and lower courts across the country by the year-end as part of the Supreme Court-monitored ‘e-courts’ project aimed at improving access to justice through digitisation.
- Of these, 547 court complexes — mainly lower courts that are often the first point of litigation — still have no digital connectivity.
- The e-courts programme seeks to enable litigants to track their case status, access ‘cause lists’, daily orders as well as verdicts online. A ‘cause list’ is a schedule of cases to be heard by a court.
- According to the Economic Survey 2017-18, the average pendency of tax cases is nearly 6 years per case. Further, the survey states that the average pendency of civil suits at the Delhi high court is 5.84 years, while at lower courts of Delhi, it is 3.66 years.
- The NJDG (National Judicial Data Grid)is an online platform that now provides information on proceedings and decisions of 16,089 computerised districtlevel courts
- Under the latest phase of the e-courts programme, the staterun Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) will connect subordinate courts with ‘wide area network’ connectivity or WAN at a cost of ₹167 crores. WAN is a technology that links computer networks across large geographic areas.
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes