- NABARD urged to help promote FPOs in Telangana
- The Telangana government has requested National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) to work out a programme for scaling up farmer producer organisations (FPOs) in the State and also suggest policy support initiatives to ensure improved income to farmers.
- Stating that Telangana was second most suitable place for production of quality seed in the world after Arizona in the US, the Minister said there was huge potential for export of seed from the State particularly after hosting the International Seed Testing Association (ISTA) Congress recently.
- The pyramid structure of rural financing had to be fortified and strengthened and engaging the youth in agriculture was also necessary to tackle the problem of increasing unemployment and decline in the economic growth.
- UN Development Programme (UNDP) has released its Global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) 2019
- The UN Development Programme (UNDP)has released its Global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) 2019. The report said that in the 101 countries assessed there are 31 low income, 68 middle income and 2 high income and about 1.3 billion people are multi- dimensionally poor.
- The 2019 global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) provides the detailed information to the policy makers who needs effectively target their policies. The MPI sheds light on disparities in how people experience poverty, revealing vast inequalities among countries and among the poor themselves.
- The MPI parameter of the Index explored the ways in which people experience poverty in their health, education, and standard of living beyond income as the sole indicator for poverty.
- This year’s MPI results show that more than two-thirds of the multidimensionally poor 886 million people live in middle-income countries. A further 440 million live in low-income countries. In both groups, data show, simple national averages can hide enormous inequality in patterns of poverty within countries.
In India there were 271 million fewer people in poverty in 2016 than in 2006, while in Bangladesh the number dropped by 19 million between 2004 and 2014.
- Sri Lanka inaugurated its first model village built with Indian assistance at Ranidu Gama in Gampaha
- A model villagebuilt with the Indian assistance as part of a housing project meant for war-affected people and estate workers inaugurated in Sri Lanka.
India partnered with the Ministry of Housing and Construction and Cultural Affairs to build 100 model villages.
- It consists of a total of 2,400 houses all across Sri Lanka.
The Indian grant of Rs 1,200 million (USD 17.5 million).
- Minister of Housing and Construction and Cultural Affairs Sajith Premadasa, former President Chandrika Bandaranayke Kumaratunga and Acting High Commissioner of India Shilpak Ambule inaugurated the first model village at Ranidu Gama in Gampaha.
- These 2,400 houses are in addition to the 60,000 accommodations built.
They are under the Indian Housing Project meant for war affected people in northern and Sri Lanka and the estate workers in the plantation areas.
India undertaken more than 70 people-oriented development projects in various fields including health, education, housing, skill development, infrastructure and vocational training across Sri Lanka.
- About 20 such projectsare currently under progress.
India has undertaken over 70 people-oriented development projects across Sri Lanka in various fields such as health, skill development, education, honor.
It also includes the largest University Auditorium in Ruhuna University in Matara in Sri Lanka. Around 20 such projects are currently under progress.
- imposed ban on Sikhs for Justice (SFJ) for its alleged anti-national activities
- The Central governmet has banned theSikhs for Justice (SFJ), a Pro-Khalistan group for its alleged anti-national activities. It has been accused of dealing with activities directed against integrity and sovereignty of India. It was banned under Section 3 of Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA)for its alleged anti-national activities. UAPA is an Indian law which is aimed at effective prevention of unlawful activities associations in India.
- SFJ is a US-based Pro-Khalistani group that was formed in 2007. It is headed by Avtar Singh Pannun and Gurpatwant Singh Pannun.
The internal group of SFJ comprises of 8 to 10 people. But it has online support is close to 2 lakh.
- The organisation fight to establish an independent and sovereign country in Punjab. It gained prominence only in last 5 years as it started advocating a separate Khalisatn state. For this purpose it also started an online secessionist campaign, ‘Sikh Referendum 2020’.
- Kerala launches Non Resident Keralites’ Affairs (NORKA)
- Thekerala State government has decided to form Non Resident Keralites’ Affairs (NORKA), an Non-Resident Keralites (NRK) investment company which aims to channel investments from overseas Keralites for major infrastructure development in the state. The NRKs will hold 74 percent stake and the state government will hold the remaining 26 percent stake. The government focuses to utilise NRI investments for implementing various projects. Under NORKA, the company can set up a special purpose vehicle (SPV) or subsidiary company for the purpose.
- The government of Kerala has launched department of Non Resident Keralites’ Affairs (NORKA)to redress the grievances of non resident Keralites. It aimed to strengthen the relationship between the NRKs and the Government of Kerala and the culmination of efforts for finding out solution to problems faced by NRK community.
- CCEA approved for the launch of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana-lll (PMGSY-III)
- PM led-Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)approved for the launch of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana-lll (PMGSY-III). It involves consolidation of through Routes and Major Rural Links connecting habitations to Gramin Agricultural Markets (GrAMs) to consolidate 125,000 Km road length in the states. The project will be implemented from 2019-20 to 2024-25.
- The states will have to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) before launching of PMGSY-III in the respective states. This agreement is for providing adequate funds for maintenance of roads constructed under PMGSY post 5-year construction maintenance period.
- The Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) was launched by the Govt. of India to provide connectivity to unconnected Habitations as part of a poverty reduction strategy. Under the programme about 1.67 lakh unconnected Habitations are eligible. This involves construction of about 3.71 lakh km of roads for New Connectivity and 3.68 lakh km. under upgradation.
- Finance Minister announced the PMGSY-III scheme in the Budget Speech for the year 2018-19. The CCEA in its meeting held on August 9, 2018 approved continuation of PMGSY-I and II beyond 12th Five Year Plan and covering of balance eligible habitations under PMGSY-I by March 2019, PMGSY-II, and habitations under identified left wing extremism (LWE) blocks.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes