- Telangana giving shape to its exports strategy
- An exports strategy for Telangana to help the State break into the top five over the next five years in the country is being readied.
- One of the top exporters in the IT and ITeS space, Telangana is keen on becoming a leading merchandise exporting State too, something for which the exports strategy in the making would recommend measures.
- The overall aim of the strategy is to facilitate exporters in the State through measures related to policy, infrastructure, common facility, ease of doing business, logistics facilitation, skill development and promotion.
- Organic chemicals and pharmaceuticals dominate Telangana’s export basket. The list of top ten principal commodities exported from the State are: drug formulations, biologicals, residual chemicals and allied products; bulk drugs and drug intermediates; organic chemicals; granite, natural stones and product; electric machinery and equipment; buffalo meat; gold and other precious metal jewellery and industrial machinery for dairy are the top exported from Telangana.
- World Population Day: 11 July
- World Population Day is observed annually on 11 July.
- The day was established by the governing council of the United Nations Development Programme in 1989.
- The day is meant to focus attention on the urgency and importance of population issues.
- India to host 14th Conference of Parties
- India is set to host the 14th Conference of the Parties (COP) from September 02 to 13 as confirmed by Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar.
- The global conference will be hosted at India Expo Mart Limited in Greater Noida.
- As many as 197 countries are expected to participate in the conference.
- New Delhis Connaught Place is the nineth most expensive office location in the world
- According to the report titled, “Global Prime Office Occupancy Costs survey”
The annual report is done by CBRE.
- It is an American real estate consulting firm New Delhi’s Connaught Place (CP) is the 9th most expensive office location in the world.
- It has an annual rent of nearly $144 per sq ft. 6 of the world’s 10 most expensive office markets.
- For the second consecutive year, Hong Kong central District retained the top position.
- CBRE highlighted that six of the world’s 10 most expensive office markets are found in Asia.
- The London (West End) is ranked 2nd followed by Hong Kong (Kowloon) and New York (Midtown Manhattan).
- Beijing’s (Finance Street) is at the fifth position on the list.
- Indias first elephant rehabilitation centre will be set up at Keralas Kottoor
- India’s first elephant rehabilitation centre will be set up by the Kerala State Government
- It is in its ecotourism village of Kottoor.Rs.105 crore.
- The project is launched by Chief Minister of Kerala, Pinarayi Vijayan.
- At present, the center has only 15 elephants
- It will be increased once work has been completed.
- The centre will have an elephant museum, mahout training centre, super-specialty hospital, a retirement home and crematorium for the animals, will house orphaned, injured and older elephants.
- The centre spread over 65 hectares of natural forests start an elephant safari and other activities to attract tourists.
- States asked to construct model detention centres
- Faced with criticism on the condition of detention centres, the Centre has directed the states to construct model detention centres, detailing the facilities that should be made available there.
- Minister of State for Home Affairs Nityanand said that the powers of the Central government under the Foreigners Act, 1946 to detect, detain and deport illegal migrants have been entrusted to the state governments under Article 258(1) of the Constitution of India.
- The states are required to keep the illegal migrants in detention centres pending their nationality verification and subsequent deportation.
- Centre says no foreign government or organisation has any right to repeal Article 370
- Parliament questioned the Centre whether it willrepeal Articles 370 and 35A if it seems to violate any United Nations regulation or any international obligation of the country.
- Centre replied to Parliament that no foreign governmentor organisation has any right to repeal Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir. It said so because any matter related to the Constitution of India are internal and only for the Indian Parliament to deal with. J&K is an integral part of India.
Gk bit: Article 370
- Article 370 provided six special provisions for Jammu and Kashmir:
1) The State is allowed to have its own Constitution.
2) The Central legislative powers over the State were limited to the three subjects of defence, foreign affairs and communications.
3) Only with the concurrence of the State Government, other constitutional powers of Indian Government could be extended to the State.
4) The concurrence was only provisional. The State’s Constituent Assembly should ratify the provision.
5) Until the State Constituent Assembly was formed, the State Government was given authority to give concurrence. Once the State Constituent Assembly finalised the scheme of powers and dispersed, no further extension of powers was possible.
6) Only if the State’s Constituent Assembly aprroves the Article 370, it could be repealed or amended.
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes