- GHMC teamed up with NGO to feed the hungry
- The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) has teamed up with an NGO, Apple Home for Orphan Kids at Neknampur of Manikonda,a voluntary organization in its west zone to bridge the gap between the hungry and food wastage. As per the details, the NGO come up with a proposal to partner with the civic body for installation of refrigerators at various places with the concept ‘Feed the Need’.
- The corporation is planning to facilitate installation of refrigerators at vantage points across the zone, so that food leftover from weddings and other ceremonies may be stored for thepoor and urchins to consume. A proposal towards this was cleared by the GHMC Standing Committee, at a meeting convened in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- The refrigerators will be of 530-litre capacity, and installed at 10 locations in Madhapur, Banjara Hills, Jubilee Hills, Erragadda, Red Hills, Chanda Nagar, and Gachibowli.
· SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launches Ten Iridium communications satellites
- SpaceXrocket delivered 10 satellites to low-Earth orbit, completing a two-year campaign by Iridium Communications to replace its original fleet with a new generation of mobile communication technology and added global aircraft tracking capability.
- The previously used first stage was recovered again with a bullseye landing on a “droneship” in the ocean while the upper stage continued on to orbit.
Gk bit – Falcon Vehicle
- Falcon Heavyis a partially reusable heavy-lift launch vehicle designed and manufactured by SpaceX. It is derived from the Falcon 9 vehicle and consists of a strengthened Falcon 9 first stage as a central core.
- Falcon Heavy has the highest payload capacity of any currently operational launch vehicle, and the fourth-highest capacity of any rocket ever built.
- World’s largest religious and cultural human congregation – Kumbh Mela begins in UP
- The world’s largest religious and cultural human congregation -Kumbh 2019 has begun with the holy dip at Sangam, the confluence of rivers Ganga, Yamuna and mythical Saraswati at Prayagraj.
- The first bathing was taken by saints and seers of different Akharas. According to Kumbh Mela administration around one crore 25 lakh devotees area expected on this Royal bathing Makar Sankranti.
- Kumbha Mela is a mass Hindu pilgrimage of faith in which Hindus gather to bathe in a sacred or holy river. Traditionally, four fairs are widely recognized as the Kumbh Melas: the Prayagraj Kumbh Mela, Haridwar Kumbh Mela, the Nashik-Trimbakeshwar Simhastha, and Ujjain Simhastha.
- Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2018-19 (Series-V) opens
- The Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2018-19 (Series-V) opened on 14 January for subscription. It will continue till 18 January. The issue price of the Bond during this subscription period will be three thousand two hundred and fourteen rupees per gram with the settlement date of January 22nd 2019.
- The Centre in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India has decided to allow discount of 50 rupees per gram from the issue price to those investors who apply on-line and make the payment through digital mode.
- Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme (SGBS) is one of the three gold related schemes launched by the PM in November 2015. It gives the people to invest their gold into sovereign bonds. Bonds are one of the three assets, the other being stocks and cash.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi released commemorative coin on Sikh Guru Gobind Singh in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modireleased a commemorative coin of 350 rupees on Guru Govind Singh ji in New Delhi on the eve of 352nd birth anniversary of the 10th Sikh Guru.
- He also announced that the Kartarpur corridor located in Punjab, Pakistan, is being built for devotees to go visit and pray.
- Including celebrations of the 352nd Prakash Utsav of Guru Gobind Singh all over the country, the center would also celebrate Guru Nanak Dev’s 550th birth anniversary.
- 5th Regional Centre of National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD)
- Maneka Sanjay Gandhi inaugurated 5th Regional Centre of National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD) at Mohali, Punjab.
- NIPCCD is a premier organisation devoted to promotion of voluntary action, research, training, and documentation in the overall domain of women and children development.NIPCCD already has four such Regional Centres one each at Bangalore, Guwahati, Indore and Lucknow besides the Headquarters at New Delhi.
- PSU banks to bring down govt equity to 52%
- The Finance Ministry has asked the public sector banks to gradually reduce the government’s equity to 52 per cent. Currently, some of the public sector banks have government’s holding beyond 75 per cent.
- The Ministry of Finance has authorized the Public Sector Banks to take necessary steps in bringing down the government equity based on the marketing conditions.
- A notification under the Securities Contracts Regulations (Amendment) Rules makes it mandatory for all listed entities to have a minimum public float of 25%.
· Union Minister Harshvardhan launches special weather services for Kumbh Mela
- Union Minister of Science and Technology, Earth Sciences and Environment and Forests and Climate Change, Dr Harshvardhan launched the special weather servicesfor the benefit of people visiting Prayagraj during Kumbh Mela at a function in New Delhi.
- The service will provide information of the prevailing weather and forecasts for next 3 days through four Automatic Weather stations (AWS) and a mobile van AWS that have been installed and operationalized at different locations at Prayagraj.
- The observational sites are distributed in all four directions within 5-10 km radius.
- It will be helpful for the local and state authorities by providing the real-time location-specific weather information for efficient management of the entire event and also benefit the pilgrims by keeping them abreast of the latest weather information.
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes