‘T committed to AP Reorganisation Act’
Chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has directed chief secretary SomeshKumar to inform Union home affairs officials that the state government was committed to AP Reorganisation Act 2014.
He spoke to the CS at Pragati bhavan on union home affairs meeting with officials of both Telangana and AP officials on January 12 on bifurcation issues. KCR said state government never compromised on state interests and many issues were pending due to the AP government’s attitude. He said state government would take a decision on participating the meeting depending on covid cases.
Largest Rhino Transfer
Onboard a Boeing 747 charter flight, 30 white rhinos were recently transported from South Africa to Rwanda.
They were relocated due to the growing danger of illegal poaching. It was the world’s largest single white rhino transfer.
Ceratotheriumsimum is the scientific name for white rhinoceros, also known as square-lipped rhinoceros.
They are the world’s largest rhinoceros species.
They have a large mouth that they use to graze with. Among all rhino species, they are thought to be the most social.
One Nation-One Grid-One Frequency
As part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, PowerGrid Corporation Limited commemorated the achievement of “One Nation One Grid.”
On this occasion, Free health check-ups and medical camps were organized across 70 locations.
India’s total multi-transmission capacity is currently around 1,12,250 MW. By 2022, it is expected to increase to around 1,18,740 MW.
By transferring power from resource-centric regions to load-centric regions, synchronization of all provincial grids will aid in the most efficient use of natural resources.
It will also result in the establishment of a thriving electricity market in India, which will facilitate power trading.
Microwave Absorber 5G
Subodh G, an assistant professor at Kerala University, and Vidhya Lalan, a research scholar, have created fifth-generation microwave absorbers.
The development of 5G microwave absorbers could be used as a shield against electromagnetic radiation.
Because of the worldwide quest for smarter and advanced electronic devices, the threat of electromagnetic pollution and radiation is unavoidable.
Electromagnetic interference (EMI) has an impact on high-end devices and is harmful to live organisms’ health.
In this age of 5G technological advances of Things, the problems caused by EMI require immediate attention (IoT).
Energy Transition Advisory Committee
The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas established the Energy Transition Advisory Committee. Tarun Kapoor, the former Secretary of the Petroleum Ministry, is in charge.
- It will concentrate on increasing the proportion of clean energy sources in the country’s energy mix, such as hydrogen, biofuel, nuclear, geothermal, and tidal.
- To assist India in meeting its 2070 net-zero emissions goal. Creating a road map for the energy transition (within 6 months).
- To develop a step-by-step plan for transitioning from fossil fuels to renewable energy.
- India announced its goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2070 during the Leaders Summit on Climate Change.
- To accomplish this, oil companies were told to develop plans aimed at increasing their clean energy portfolio.
- These plans will be reviewed by the committee. It will also make recommendations. In addition, the committee will make recommendations for the plans’ development.
Nineteenth Tranche of Electoral Bonds
On December 31, 2021, the central government approved the issuance of the 19th tranche of electoral bonds, down that route of assembly polls in five states.
- Electoral bonds will be available for purchase from January 1 to October 10, 2022.
- The bonds will be issued and encashed by the State Bank of India (SBI) through its 29 Authorized Branches.
- Five states, namely Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Goa, will hold assembly elections.
- Electoral Bonds are a type of financial instrument that can be used to donate to political parties.
- These bonds are available in denominations of 1000, 10000, 1 lakh, 10 lakh, and 1 crore rupees, with no upper limit.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022