Bosch Global Software Technologies to set up shop in Hyd, to generate 3K jobs
Happening Hyderabad is all set to add yet another marquee name to its growing list of global IT sector biggies who have made the city their home.
This time, its German giant Bosch’s group company Bosch Global Software Technologies Pvt Ltd (BGSW), till recently known as Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Limited (RBEI), that is planning to set up its global development centre in Hyderabad.
The proposed facility is slated to open this year and is expected to create about 3,000 jobs.
According to sources, the focus of the proposed R&D facility is expected to be on mobility, in particular hydrogen cell technology, as well as space materials research. A formal announcement on the Hyderabad centre is expected to be made later this month.
The proposed Hyderabad facility is part BGSW’s plans to hire over 5,500 engineers in 2022 through expansions to new locations like Hyderabad, Pune as well as Hanoi in Vietnam. The company plans to hire in the new age technology areas like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cybersecurity, Computer vision, among others.
International Day Of Zero Tolerance To Female Genital Mutilation
On February 6th, the world commemorates the International Day of Zero Tolerance for Women.
- On February 6th, the world commemorates the International Day of Zero Tolerance for Women.
- The United Nations sponsors this day in recognition of their efforts to end female genital mutilation. It was initially released in the year 2003.
- The subject of this year’s International Day of Zero Tolerance for Women is Increasing Investment to End Female Genital Mutilation.
- Female genital mutilation (FGM) refers to any treatment that involves modifying or hurting the female genitalia for non-medical reasons, and it is widely recognized as a violation of girls and women’s human rights, health, and integrity.
Sea Trails Of 5th Scorpene Submarine ‘Vagir.’
The Indian Navy’s brand-new submarine, the fifth of six French-designed Scorpene-class submarines, has completed its first sea sortie and will now undergo extensive testing.
- The Indian Navy’s Kalvari class’s fifth submarine, Project 75, Yard 11879, began sea trials on 22 February.
- The submarine was launched in November 2020 from Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited’s KanhojiAngre Wet Basin (MDL).
- After commissioning, the submarine would be given the name Vagir.
- The Indian Navy’s brand-new submarine, “Vagir,” the fifth of six Scorpene-class submarines designed by the French.
- It completed its first sea sortie and will undergo extensive testing before being deployed to the Navy later this year.
ATLAS Funded By NASA
The NASA-funded Asteroid Terrestrial-impact Last Alert System (ATLAS) becomes the first survey to monitor the entire dark sky every 24 hours for near-Earth objects (NEOs).
- ATLAS is an asteroid detecting system that is cutting-edge. The University of Hawai’i (UH) Institute for Astronomy (IFA) manages it for NASA’s Planetary Defense Coordination Office (PDCO).
- With the installation of two more observatories in Chile and South Africa, ATLAS has expanded its coverage to the southern hemisphere. There are now four telescopes on the site.
- On Haleakala and Maunaloa in Hawai’i, it already possesses two northern-hemisphere telescopes.
- Double Asteroid Redirection Test is the world’s first full-scale mission to test a device that could protect Earth from asteroid collisions.
Sputnik Light COVID-19 Vaccine Permitted For Emergency Use
The Indian Drugs Controller General recently granted Sputnik light COVID-19 vaccine Emergency Use Permission.
- This had been recommended by the central drug authority’s expert panel. With this, the sputnik light becomes the country’s eighth COVID – 19 vaccination.
- Sputnik light is the same as Sputnik – V vaccination light. A proposal has been presented by Dr. Reddy’s laboratory to import and distribute Sputnik light in the country.
- The Sputnik lamp is now utilized in 29 different nations. Argentina and Russia are among them. According to Russian reports, the sputnik light’s efficiency is 65.4 percent.
ISRO Demonstrated Quantum Communication
Scientists from the Ahmedabad-based Space Applications Centre and Physical lab recently demonstrated Quantum Entanglement during a breakthrough towards satellite-based quantum communication.
Scientists conducted hack-proof communication between two places using real-time Quantum Key Distribution (QKD).
These places were separated by 300 meters.
Quantum Communication is one of the securest ways to attach two places with high quantum and code cryptography levels, which an external entity can’t decrypt or break.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022