- APEDA accreditation set to give fillip to organic farming
- Telangana Government’s plans to give a fillip to organic farming in the State received a big boost with the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) giving accreditation to Telangana State Seed and Organic Certification Authority (TSSOCA) for inspection and certification of organic farms, produce and products.
- In the absence of certification agency in the State, the organic farmers, though they are in small numbers, have been facing problems in getting their produce certified, in spite of increasing demand for organic food products in the State and outside. According to officials, organic farming is being carried out in about 1,570 acres in the State.
- The TSSOCA was started in 2016 with an aim to encourage organic farming in the State and enrolment of organic farm fields and farmers is also being done up by it since then.
· UK announces new organ donation plan to address Indian origin shortages
- The UK government has announced new plans to change the law for organ and tissue donation to address the urgent need for organs within theIndian-origin communitiesin the country.
- The proposed new system of consent for organ and tissue donation is expected to come into effect in England in 2020, as part of a drive to help black, Asian and minority ethnic(BAME) people desperately waiting for a life-saving transplant.
· Maitree 2018 Joint Military Exercise between India and Thailand held inThailand
- Exercise ‘Maitree’ is a joint military exercise between Indian Armyand Royal Thai Army and is running on in Thailand from 6 to 19 August 2018.
- Maitree 2018 was platoon level exercise that comprises of infantry component.
- To develope mutual understanding and bonhomie between the two armies in order to counter terrorism.
- Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve Included in the World Network of Biosphere Reserves
- The Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve has become the 11thBiosphere Reserve from India that has been included in the UNESCO designated World Network of Biosphere Reserves (WNBR).
- The decision to include Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve in WNBR was taken at the 30thSession of International Coordinating Council (ICC) of Man and Biosphere (MAB) Programme of UNESCO held at Palembang, Indonesia, from July 23-27, 2018.
- India has 18 Biosphere Reserves and with the inclusion of Khangchendzonga, the number of internationally designated WNBR has become 11, with 7 Biosphere Reserves being domestic Biosphere Reserves.
- Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve in Sikkim is one of the highest ecosystems in the world, reaching elevations of 1, 220 metres above sea-level.
- TRAI launches integration & availability of TRAI Mobile Apps on UMANG platform
- Policy initiatives of TRAI, over the years, have been to protect the interests of the consumers. Recognizing the importance of reaching out to the consumers and to safeguard their interests, TRAI has now integrated its Mobile Apps namely DND 2.0 & MyCall with UMANG Platform.
- UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is developed by National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY). UMANG provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services ranging from Central to Local Government bodies and other citizen centric services.
- It provides a unified approach where citizens can install one application to avail multiple government services.
- From now onwards, TRAI’s Mobile Apps namely DND 2.0 &MyCall shall also be available on Umang Platform.
· World’s largest bird sculpture Jatayu sculpture will be inaugurated in Kerala
- The Jatayu sculpture at the Jatayu Earth Center (JEC) at Chadayamangalam in Kollam district, Kerala, said to be world’s largest bird sculpture, will be inaugurated on August 17 by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- This Rs 100 crore-project is a creation by film director and sculptor Rajiv Anchal.
· Goa becomes first state by starting its own app based taxi service
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikarand Tourism Minister Manohar Ajgaonkar flagged off the Goa Tourism Development Corporation’s app-based taxi service called “GoaMiles“.
- A taxi owner did not have to pay anything and GTDC’s charges would be recovered from the consumer. GTDC will charge the consumer around Rs 20-80 as service fee.
Customers will get honest service and will get to know the fare before the journey starts.
- There is a panic-cumemergency button available on the app.
· NITI Aayog identified 117 districts as Aspirational Districts for RUSA Scheme
- During the second phase of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan(RUSA), central assistance is provided for opening of new Model Degree Colleges (MDCs) in ‘Aspirational Districts’ identified by NITI Aayog and in unserved & underserved districts in North Eastern and Himalayan States.
- These districts have been selected on the basis of the composite index which includes published data of deprivation enumerated under Socio-Economic Caste Census, Health & Nutrition, Education and Basic Infrastructure.
- Commerce & Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu launches Mobile App Niryat Mitra
- Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Aviation Suresh Prabhu launched Niryat Mitra – mobile App in New Delhi.
- The app developed by the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) is available both on Android and on IOS platforms.
- It provides wide range of information required to undertake international trade right from the policy provisions for export and import, applicable GST rate, available export incentives, tariff, preferential tariff, market access requirements – SPS and TBT measures.
TSPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for TSPSC Prelims and TSPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by TSPSC Notes are as follows:-
- TSPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- TSPSC Group I Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- TSPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes